A welcome return of our attacking verve saw Arsenal run out 5-2 victors against a spirited Everton side.

5 different scorers put the home side to the sword, and although Everton can point to a red card, which made life a whole lot harder, a grand total of 14 shots on target spells out a one-sided game that the Gunners were worthy winners of.

Alexandre Lacazette, Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez started together and the holy trinity all came up with the goods in one respect or another. Granit Xhaka teamed up with Aaron Ramsey in midfield as predicted, and it was our first choice team that took to the field.

We were at them from the first whistle too. Lacazette in particular showed he was in great touch and was only denied by a flying Jordan Pickford knee, and Everton were rocking on the ropes.

We all should have known that the Toffee’s would score first after such a promising start. Granit Xhaka dallied with possession and was fouled by Idrissa Gueye. Referee Craig Pawson played on and Wayne Rooney picked the loose ball up and lashed home from 25 yards.

We continued to push forward though. Although we were a goal down, the manner we were playing in and the speed we zipped the ball around meant it felt like it was only a matter of time before we restored parity.

The shot counter was constantly moving up, we were pelting Pickford with attempts. Aaron Ramsey, Lacazette, Bellerin, Xhaka, they all had efforts but to no avail. It was a surprise we had to wait until the 40th minute before we got the goal.

A Granit Xhaka effort from outside the box was parried by Pickford, but the ball spilled quickly out. Nacho Monreal was on the follow up and he finished smartly.

At half time, we had amassed 17 shots. The home side couldn’t keep us quiet, the only thing that could do that was ourselves.

We continued the second half as we did the first. Everton had swapped Ashley Williams with Tom Davies and switched their formation. Williams was a sending off waiting to happen, but seven minutes after the second half began, we had the lead.

Alexis picked the ball up on the left and waited. He eventually swung in a cross and it was at this moment we could all see why he had took so long. The Chilean had waited for the late run of Mesut Ozil, and the German flicked in a delicious header that found the net.

It was great play on both parts, and the least we deserved. Everton continued to hassle and press, but they rarely tested Cech, although there were a few shaky moments with backpasses that needed a quicker release from our stopper.

The red card came as expected, and it was Idrissa Gueye, already booked in the first half, who was sent off. A second yellow for a rash tackle gave us a man advantage, and for the first time in a while, we showed no mercy.

Six minutes later, it was three. Mesut Ozil was sent free by a great pass from Alexis, and Ozil took it forward before picking out Lacazette in the box who sidefooted home.

Jack Wilshere was given fifteen minutes and he looked sharp. He also supplied the fourth goal, slipping in Aaron Ramsey with a fantastic pass and the Welshman coolly finishing.

Everton capitalised on a dallying Cech to grab a consolation, but Arsenal were not to be denied the last word. The last minute of added time gave Alexis the goal he deserved - finding the far corner with a fantastic finish.

Our display was full of attacking play, quick passing at times and some great football. There are still alarming things we need to remedy - our central midfield needs some work - but for now, let us just bask in the return of Arsenal-style football.